¹ Leaked WinMo 6.5 Screenshots Hint at Marketplace - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune News

Old 02-13-2009, 02:30 PM
Adam Krebs
Contributing Editor
Default Leaked WinMo 6.5 Screenshots Hint at Marketplace

http://gadgetmix.com/index/?p=3562

"We're just days away from Mobile World Congress where Microsoft is expected to make a few notable annoucements. Until then, we have to settle for all the hints and innuendo we can gather as Redmond attempts to win back the hearts, minds, and pocketbooks of consumers infatuated with Android, WebOS, and whatever Apple's got cookin'. Like these supposed 6.5 screenshots above, this time showing what looks like a Marketplace store a la the Zune. We also have CNET reporting today that Microsoft quietly split its Zune team in two on January 22nd: software and services under Enrique Rodriguez, and hardware under Tom Gibbons who just happens to heads-up hardware design at Microsoft's Windows Mobile unit."

If true, we could be seeing a major paradigm shift from Microsoft-managed end-to-end device and software services, to opening up the Zune experience for more devices through Windows Mobile. Whatever the case, I can only hope Microsoft decides to release this internationally so that we can finally start to see some real sales. Mobile World Congress is only a few days away, and I can't wait to see what they show off.

Old 02-13-2009, 03:40 PM
David Tucker
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker

Man that's a huge picture!

I think this is the right direction for Microsoft. While I don't see myself giving up a standalone MP3 player for a long time...Zune itself is a platform. Microsoft has never really been about building in house platforms it controls like this (XBox being an exception...that's a very different market).

Getting Zune out onto WinMo devices is important for the future of the Zune brand and really will help move the technology forward.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:26 PM
inteller
Banned

give me a phone with a zune compatible connector and the entire zune UI in ROM and I'm sold. In fact, it would be preferable to keep the zune software part of the phone separate and updateable from the rest of the rom software.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:26 PM
Ricardo Dawkins
Ponderer

Notice all those Zune icons.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:30 PM
Macguy59
Mystic

I don't see those hoping for a more modern UI being excited about this one

Old 02-13-2009, 10:54 PM
Ricardo Dawkins
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macguy59 View Post
I don't see those hoping for a more modern UI being excited about this one
UI?.....I can show you a lot of UI for Windows Mobile. what option do you have for the iPhony ?

Old 02-14-2009, 01:21 AM
Macguy59
Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins View Post
UI?.....I can show you a lot of UI for Windows Mobile. what option do you have for the iPhony ?

If your screenshot is supposed to provide evidence . . . you better have an appeal ready.