¹ Engadget Asks: What Do You Want in 4.0? - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Old 09-19-2008, 10:30 PM
Adam Krebs
Contributing Editor
Default Engadget Asks: What Do You Want in 4.0?

http://www.engadget.com/2008/09/18/...-4-0-must-have/

"Now that the dust has settled on Microsoft's impressive, if not quite revolutionary, Zune 3.0 update, it's time for us all to do what we do best: start demanding a new version of desktop and player software -- and a hardware refresh, of course -- chock-full of features that we've been asking for since day one, and a few things we dreamed up along the way. Pick your top-priority from the poll below, or just go nuts in the comments -- the floor is yours."

For me, it's gotta be touchscreen and low-cost models, but for the brand as a whole, I think Zune really needs to get a Mac client out there, if for nothing else than to shut up the haters. In any event, head over to Engadget and sound off! Let 'em know what Zuners want.

Old 09-20-2008, 01:27 AM
serpico
Intellectual

I agree, we need a mac client. I'm tired of having to us vmware.

Old 09-20-2008, 11:39 AM
Kacey Green
Pontificator

Bring on Honda USB audio support

Old 09-20-2008, 08:27 PM
inteller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kacey Green View Post
Bring on Honda USB audio support

that is a problem for Honda to figure out, not Zune. Ford's SYNC system works just fine with Zune.

there better be a 3.1 update SOON with UNICODE support.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:01 AM
Kacey Green
Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by inteller View Post
that is a problem for Honda to figure out, not Zune. Ford's SYNC system works just fine with Zune.

there better be a 3.1 update SOON with UNICODE support.
I disagree, Sync is a Microsoft product, the Honda USB audio system works with iPods, USB Flash drives and portable hard drives.

Honda's job is to sell cars not Zunes, the cars are already built and they've proven they won't take the effort to support a second place product, the iPod or a flash drive is shown in all their advertising.

If I didn't have a player or it was time to replace my player (assuming I was member of the iSheeple) I wouldn't consider they player that was incompatible with my car when given two choices (Zune or iPod).

Old 09-22-2008, 01:25 PM
inteller
Banned

the pinout specifications for the Zune port are out there, or easily available from Microsoft. The codecs to playback the Zune DRM are also out there. Honda is just supporting what has the most market share. When enough prospective buyers speak up, they'll support it. Microsoft isn't interested because they want more sync systems in cars. and SYNC blows honda's offering away. It works exactly like they show in the commercials. Honda's system is still not working the way it did when it first came out in acura.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:40 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kacey Green View Post
I disagree, Sync is a Microsoft product, the Honda USB audio system works with iPods, USB Flash drives and portable hard drives.
Does this boil down to the Zune not functioning as a USB mass storage device? i.e.: if the Honda player can see a USB flash drive and access the files on it, if the Zune was a mass storage device, it would probably work, right?