¹ Crazy sync issue - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Old 04-30-2008, 02:52 AM
jcm900
Neophyte
Default Crazy sync issue

I have this crazy sync issue with my 30GB Zune...Some songs are synching all the time and it's creating 2, 3, 4 sometimes 5 copies of the song on my device. It also seems to be creating duplicates in my collection. I have tried the fixes of renaming the .sdf file to .old; however, I don't have a .wmdb file at all on my computer--could that be the issue? Also, I have uninstalled and re-installed the Zune software to no avail.

Any advice is greatly appreciated since I am getting oh so tired of this situation.

Thanks!

Old 04-30-2008, 05:17 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Assuming that you've gone through your collection and verified that there really aren't doubles (MediaMonkey is a great tool for that), it sounds like a database issue. Try this Zune media collection reset tool - let me know if that does the trick.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:29 PM
jcm900
Neophyte

Jason,

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes, in fact, I have de-duped my collection (Media Monkey rocks). Thanks for the link to the util...I will try it tonight when I get home from work.

Kevin.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:55 PM
jcm900
Neophyte

Update: I ran through my collection again using MediaMonkey to make sure there were no dupes. Then I wiped the Zune of all data. Finally, I ran the utility Jason provided a link to. My collection synched perfectly with no duplicates on the first connection. I haven't re-connected again to see what happens, but this looks much better than it did before.

Thanks for the help, Jason and BTW, sweet avatar!

Old 05-02-2008, 07:12 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm900 View Post
My collection synched perfectly with no duplicates on the first connection. I haven't re-connected again to see what happens, but this looks much better than it did before.
Great to hear! I'm glad I was able to assist you.