Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 06-07-2004, 01:00 AM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Review Of Psion Teklogix Netbook Pro

http://smartmobileassets.com/cgi-bin/Blah/Blah.pl/Blah.pl?,v=display,b=news,m=1085977355

The Psion Teklogic Netbook Pro runs Windows CE 4.2. Interesting how Psion used the EPOC OS for so long, which is now Symbian and has moved on to bigger and better things, eh? :wink:

"I must say, I had expected to like the Netbook Pro but was surprised at how much I am enjoying it. With a wireless LAN this is a GREAT unit for carrying around the house and office. And with it's power and storage capabilities it is also a VERY solid laptop replacement for the field. While general consumers might have a harder time justifying the price ($1,499 at Mobile Planet), companies should truly consider the Netbook Pro for mobile employees that need to record significant information, such as CRM data. It is highly portable with great battery life and a very enjoyable form factor."

In my opinion, this is what kept the Handheld PCs like the Jornada 820 and the Smart Displays from being a success - the price. Come on - $1,500? I guess an embedded device has its place in the enterprise where they can tightly control what is on it and not have to worry about moving parts, like hard drives. Still, it is disappointing that you can't pick one of these us for substantially less than a cheap laptop given you don't get the full Windows XP experience.