¹ Another Contest: Zune Christmas Cards and Zune Thoughts Micro Lights - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Events

Old 12-18-2006, 07:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Another Contest: Zune Christmas Cards and Zune Thoughts Micro Lights

OK people, I've got more prizes to give away: the Zune from last week was just the beginning! These next few contests are going to be happening much faster, so be sure to keep an eye out for them. Last week I received an interesting surprise from the Zune team: along with my Zune review unit (full disclosure: they're letting me keep it, so now I have two for wireless testing) I received some very cool Zune Christmas cards! Check 'em out.

Also, recently I received my order of Zune Thoughts micro lights. These are the made by Roadwired, and the lights are awesome - I opted for a black shell with a blue LED light. Just like the black Zune with the blue doubleshot. They look pretty damn slick if I do say so myself.

It got me thinking, Christmas cards are meant for sharing, and I wanted to give away a few of these new micro lights. So here's the contest: post a message in this thread telling me one thing you enjoy about the Christmas season (family time, presents, the generosity of people around you, etc.. If you don't celebrate Christmas, just tell me one thing you like about the month of December wherever you happen to live. ;-)

I'm going to randomly draw twelve (count 'em 12!) names and each will receive a limited edition Zune Christmas card, with a personal message from me, along with a Zune Thoughts micro light. I want to get these out before Christmas, so this contest will be over on Friday the 22nd, sometime around noon. Start posting gang!

Old 12-18-2006, 07:25 PM
robshobs
Ponderer
Default The smiles

I suppose my favorite thing is seeing my kids faces when they open up their presents. Especially the younger ones. Such innocence and joy.

Rob

Old 12-18-2006, 07:33 PM
Dyvim
Sage

Time with the family (and time off from work )

Old 12-18-2006, 07:55 PM
SohCahToa
Neophyte

My favorite thing about Christmas is just being able to relax with the people I love without having to worry about work or school.

Old 12-18-2006, 08:15 PM
priesmeyer
Ponderer

Sharing the excitement my kids have getting and giving presents to family and friends.

Old 12-18-2006, 08:57 PM
Camjpn
Neophyte

I enjoy the good food xD

Old 12-18-2006, 09:25 PM
DrMobo
Pupil
Default Kids

This time of year is almost magical to the kids. The get to spend so much time with the whole family. In fact today is "Cookie Day" at Grandma's. Kids, cousins, moms and grandmas baking cookies all day.

Old 12-18-2006, 10:08 PM
bleeman
Intellectual

What I like about this time of year is I get a chance to get caught up, reflect on the past year and spend some quality time with my wife and our cats. Most of my clients take long breaks during this period so the phone quiets down and it gives me a chance to catch up. This is the time of year when I'll do that long overdue maintenance on my own server, our PC's etc. I'm usually a perfect example of the old sayings, "The cobbler's family has no shoes" "The plumber's drains are always clogged", and in my case "The Computer Consultant's computers are always waiting for attention" ;-)

Speaking of reflecting on the past year, my thanks to you and your team Jason for all that you do in keeping us up to date on the latest for our PocketPC's, SmartPhones, Digital Gear, and now Zunes (although I don't have one yet, I'm working on it).

Old 12-18-2006, 11:18 PM
Kevin Jackson
Contributing Editor

I've always like this time of year, but now that I'm father to two little boys, I really love watching their excitement and wonder at the magic of Christmas.

Old 12-18-2006, 11:49 PM
mranlett
Neophyte
Default Favorite holiday moments

I always like gathering around with large groups of friends and family to eat and celebrate. However, if I'm being honest I'd have to say my favorite part of the holiday season is that I normally get to spend some time working on things without loads of interruptions from all the people who've taken time off.

For example - this holiday season I'm contributing 2 chapters to a SharePoint book, studying to pass my final MCAD certification test, building a replacement intranet, and working full time. Fewer distractions are a bonus!