Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 03-21-2002, 04:07 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default The ultimate backup solution

http://www.handybackup.com/index.html

A few months ago I posted a request on this site for recommendations on data backup solutions for the desktop PCs. I've been evaulating many pieces of software, have purchased a couple, and I've finally found what I consider to be an almost perfect software backup solution - and I thought I'd share my discovery because I'm really pleased with it.

Handy Backup 3.0 is a stable, fast, flexible tool that does exactly what I want it to. It will rapidly backup 8+ gigs of data without missing a beat, letting me ZIP the files as one large zip file (not recommended for 8 gigs of data though) or multiple files, Blowfish-encrypt the data, and I have control over the level of compression (speed vs. storage). It has a scheduler, and can back up the data across a network or to an external FTP site. The $30 price tag is reasonable, and there's a free 30 day trial to check out.

If you're looking for a good way to back up your PC data, I give this software my highest recommendation. And if you're not backing up your data, trust me, you should. Hard drives fail!

"Handy Backup 3.0 is an easy-to-use yet powerful backup program designed for Windows 9x/NT/2000/Me/XP. It makes an automatic backup of critical data virtually to any type of storage media: floppy disk, hard drive, network drive, or a remote FTP server. Strong file encryption and multi-choice zip compression on the fly as well as many other useful features will protect your valuable data. All backup activities are recorded in details in a log file. Detailed online help is available."