Digital Home Thoughts

Digital Home Thoughts - News & Reviews for the Digital Home

Register in our forums so you're ready for our next giveaway contest...

Zune Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > DIGITAL HOME THOUGHTS > Digital Home Thoughts Site Updates

Old 01-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default We Want You: Digital Home Thoughts Seeking Contributing Editors

I'm looking for at least two, and up to four, new Contributing Editors to join the team at Digital Home Thoughts. Interested? Keep reading.

First, a little background. Over the years at Thoughts Media, I've usually recruited Contributing Editors using the same method: I look for people who are actively contributing in our forums, helping others and who generally have a good attitude and knowledge about technology. Activity level was measured by post count.

Since we merged all our forums together late last year, however, it's become difficult to figure out who's posting where, and I also know there's a certain segment of people who are avid readers but don't post that often - but when they do, it's great stuff. So, in light of these changes, I'm altering my method of recruiting Contributing Editors: I'm calling for volunteers.

So here's the pitch: I'm looking for two people to join the team here at Digital Home Thoughts as Contributing Editors. All sorts of people are Thoughts Media Contributing Editors: accountants, software engineers, consultants, students - the point being, there isn't a professional writer among us (other than myself). I'm looking for passion and interest first and foremost. It's a voluntary position with perks: you'll get the opportunity to test, write about, and sometimes keep consumer electronics hardware and software. You'll get the opportunity to represent Digital Home Thoughts at trade shows in your area (if applicable), special events around the world, and the biggest perk of all is to have a platform from which to share your opinions and thoughts with the world.

Requirements for the position? That you enjoy writing about technology and enjoy sharing your opinions with others. Also, that you have a few minutes most week days/evenings to write up posts. News will be assigned to you, but you're also encouraged to post on whatever you want: interesting things you've discovered, things that you have opinions on, and the usual rants and raves. It's a volunteer position, so real life comes first, but there's a minimum level of commitment that I'm looking for.

If this sounds like something you're interested in, please use the contact form to get in touch with me. Make sure you provide me with your forum user name so I can check out your posting history (hopefully you've posted at least a couple of times), and I'd also like a brief summary of who you are and what you do. If you have any questions, please post them in the discussion thread and I'll answer them. I look forward to hearing from you!