View Full Version : Dell Streak

kerrins
09-03-2010, 12:19 AM
I realize that actually talking on my phone is the least enjoyable thing about it. I use it primarily for email and to surf the web. I suppose a iPad would be "ideal" for me, except that even I won't try to carry that in my pocket. I'm very interested in something like the Dell Streak so that I can have a reasonably sized screen and it still would work as a phone too. Does anyone have experience with the Streak? Is there something else I could look at? I plan to stay with AT&T as a carrier so it would have to accept a GSM SIM card. I haven't used the Android OS as I've used MS Mobile for years now...but without cut and paste in the new OS, they have lost me as a customer. How do you like the Android OS. Is version 1.6 really that far behind the soon to be released 2.2?

thanks

Jon Westfall
09-03-2010, 02:20 AM
I haven't had any time to work with a Streak, But I can say that if you know the features of 2.2, you really won't want to go back to a 1.6 device. I'd wait a few months and see what's out there in terms of devices, then decide what you want to do. Based on what I've seen so far, I'd pass on the streak.

Jon.

Andy Dixon
09-03-2010, 11:59 AM
I've got a Streak and as it's my first Android device I can honestly say I love it. I don't use it as a phone, but as a mini tablet and for internet, navigation and social connectivity on the move, it's brilliant. The larger 5" screen makes it perfect for that role, while ensuring it's not too big to carry around as it fits in the pocket ok and doesn't require a bag.

Of course it currently has version 1.6 on it which doesn't bother me as like I said, it's my first android device, so I can't miss anything from 2.2 if I've never had it. That said, O2 in the UK are releasing a 2.1 upgrade this afternoon for it, with a 2.2 upgrade rumoured to be released before christmas.

Overall it's a brilliant device and one I am using far more on a daily basis that I am my laptop and netbook now. In fact the laptop and netbook more often that not stay at home now and I just carry the streak and my HD2.