View Full Version : iOS 4, when and for what

Sven Johannsen
06-18-2010, 04:03 AM
Seems like I read that upgrades to iOs 4 would be available for iPhone 3, 3GS, and some sort of iPod Touch or other. Got the feeling it was to happen pretty near the release of iPhone 4. Can't remeber seeing anything definitive on the iPad though. Can anybody point to anything authoritative that lists what devices will get upgrades and when? If that list details what features will each wind up with, so much the better.

doogald
06-18-2010, 02:53 PM
Seems like I read that upgrades to iOs 4 would be available for iPhone 3, 3GS, and some sort of iPod Touch or other. Got the feeling it was to happen pretty near the release of iPhone 4. Can't remeber seeing anything definitive on the iPad though. Can anybody point to anything authoritative that lists what devices will get upgrades and when? If that list details what features will each wind up with, so much the better.

Yes, at the announcement for iPhone OS 4 in April, Steve Jobs announced that 4 was coming to the iPad this fall.

See gdgt's live blog coverage (http://live.gdgt.com/2010/04/08/live-iphone-os-4-0-event-coverage/), scrolling down to 11:03 a.m.

The same announcement said that all iOS devices except the original iPod Touch and the original iPhone would get 4, but that only the most recent iPod Touch (the 3G announced last fall), the 3Gs, and now the iPhone 4 would get full multitasking features. See the same liveblog, 11:02 am for those sparse details.

Apple's website for iPhone and Support are getting hammered lately, so I'm not sure what they officially have.