View Full Version : Hello World!

Michael Knutson
06-17-2010, 03:00 PM
<p>Hello Readers! My name is Michael Knutson, and I'm excited and honored to be a new contributing editor to Laptop Thoughts. I started out studying and practicing&nbsp;print journalism about forty years ago at San Francisco State University, when high-tech meant an IBM Selectric typewriter. &nbsp;It was portable: was this perhaps by definition an early laptop? I discovered computers shortly&nbsp;thereafter, and haven't looked back since. I'm currently working in Information Security, and develop web sites in my spare time. I have a variety of laptop hardware&nbsp;and software in my office in Corrales, New Mexico: a MacBook Pro, a Lenovo Thinkpad X100e, and a Lenovo IdeaPad S12 netbook. &nbsp;My&nbsp;personal philosophy regarding technology is "use the right tool for the job," regardless of its origin, so I try to avoid fanboi-ism and flame wars - when possible. I look&nbsp;forward to helping the Laptop Thoughts team inform you, the readers, and I'm sure that I'll learn a lot from all of you along the way!</p>

Jason Dunn
06-17-2010, 04:34 PM
Welcome to the team Michael! Love the avatar - that's awesome. :D

Jeff Campbell
06-17-2010, 05:11 PM
Welcome to the team Michael! Love the avatar - that's awesome. :D

I second the welcome and the avatar, that is great!

Jeff

Michael Knutson
06-18-2010, 03:45 AM
Thanks guys! A few months back AMC's website had a design your own avatar based on MadMen, so I built myself one, and it works! My wife did one for herself as well, and she uses it everywhere!

Jerry Raia
06-18-2010, 04:11 AM
Love that show :)

Jason Dunn
06-18-2010, 04:12 AM
A few months back AMC's website had a design your own avatar based on MadMen...

Ah, so the Martini must be JUST out of the cropped area then. :D

Craig Horlacher
06-18-2010, 01:40 PM
Welcome Michael! Thank you for your willingness to serve the ThoughtsMedia community in this valuable way!