View Full Version : Help An Editor Out: SIM Unlocking a 3GS

Jon Westfall
05-29-2010, 12:56 AM
Hello to the Apple Thoughts side-of-the-empire, I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction as a Windows Mobile and Android man who recently bought a used iPhone 3GS.

Why? Well I'm a big believer in the notion that in order to compare oranges to apples (with the former being Android/WinMo and the latter being literally Apple's), I need to have used each to some extent. I've had an iPod Touch for about a year now that has been my comparison device, but recently wanted to cut down on the bulk in my bag and ditched the iPod Touch (and a spare GSM phone for emergencies) and bought a used iPhone.

The problem is that I'm not on AT&T, but on T-Mobile, and would like to unlock my iPhone. SIM unlocking has always been shady on the net, with zillions of companies competing for money, and some being better than others. I ran across a few tutorials on how to SIM unlock myself, but they all seemed to either be out of date or require jailbreaking, something I don't feel like doing with the 3GS.

So to those iPhone people on T-Mo or another network in the US, how do you recommend unlocking a iPhone? Any particular site/service/software?

Thanks,
Jon.