View Full Version : WM 2003 device not reading memory cards

asims
05-17-2010, 06:20 PM
Greetings!

I just acquired an IPAQ hx2750 pocketpc with WM2003 SE. For me, this is an upgrade from an h2495 which I really enjoyed. The problem I'm having is that when I open a program like Excel, ereader, or Word, none of the files that are on my memory cards (CF or SD) show up in the list to select and open. I can go into File Explorer (actually I use Total Commander) and see the files there, so I know they exist. And I can open them (except ebooks) from there and edit them.
What needs to be done so that I can see the files inside whatever program is supposed to be used to open them?

As a side question, should I upgrade this ppc to WM5 or 6? If so, could someone direct me to the necessary upgrade files and directions (the simpler the better)?

asims
05-23-2010, 12:56 AM
Well, I posted this same question on another ppc website and, for those of you who would like to know, got this answer which works beautifully:

You need to create a My Documents folder on the memory card and place your documents in that folder. When you open Word or Excel, it will see those files.

Sven Johannsen
05-24-2010, 09:03 PM
I recall also that there was a file called ignoremydocs that appeared on flash cards that allowed use of the root of the drive, or other folders outside of My Documents. Seemed as though it was generated by the OS somehow. Don't recall the file type (if any), or the particulars of how it showed up, but it's use seemed to go away about the time of WM5 I think. That was also about the time we lost a level of folder depth that things could be stored at and seen by the stock file picker.