View Full Version : HTC low capacity batteries

Kadegboye
04-02-2010, 06:58 PM
Hi guys, has anybody noticed that HTC has always built beautiful devices with low battery capacities? I have used at least 4 generations of HTC phones starting from XDA series to the present HTC HD2. The battery capacity for the big HD2 is 1230mAh when the likes of Samsung Omnia 2 has a 1500mAh battery. I charge my Omnia every 3-4 days whereas HD2 needs to be charged everyday. The only exception to this bad habbit of HTC is the upcoming HTC EVO (Supersonic) which will hopefully come with 1500mAh battery. Can we then agree that any HTC device that comes up with low capacity battery will be boycotted by customers using our power of campaign and communication? I have promised myself that I will not buy any device with low capacity battery be it from HTC or any other manufacturer.
Kay.

doogald
04-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Yep, my Eris Android phone had a 1300. I bought an aftermarket 1750 that fits in the same space.

So long as there is an aftermarket alternative like that, I'm fine with it. I do prefer slim phones to fat ones.

Kadegboye
04-15-2010, 07:37 PM
Thanks doogald. Where did you get the aftermarket alternative battery? How did you know that it fits what you have in your phone? I am looking for an aftermarket alternative for my HD 2 - the battery of which sucks!
Kay.

doogald
04-15-2010, 10:33 PM
Thanks doogald. Where did you get the aftermarket alternative battery? How did you know that it fits what you have in your phone? I am looking for an aftermarket alternative for my HD 2 - the battery of which sucks!
Kay.

I bought the battery at seidioonline.com (http://www.seidioonline.com/). It doesn't look like they have HD2 products yet; perhaps you should shoot them an email to see if they plan on carrying them, or if they know if another battery that the sell would fit it.

Kadegboye
04-21-2010, 04:48 PM
Thanks doogald, I have contacted them but they don't have anything for HD2 yet. However, they are looking into it.