View Full Version : Car Compatibility

cskertch
03-02-2010, 05:20 AM
I just bought a new Acura TL. It comes with a USB connector that is compatible with I-Pods and "other media" players. I wasn't expecting to have any problems connecting my Zune HD to the car via this USB connector, but every time that I try, I get a message that reads "Not Supported". Yes, I know that I can connect it via the Auxiliary port, but that wouldn't display the music on the car's screen, nor would it allow me to control the Zune via the car's controls. I contacted the Acura dealership about this, but they don't seem to know if/how the Zune HD can work with the car (other than via the Auxiliary port). Any thoughts/ideas? I have been building a library of music with my Zune devices over the past year and I hope that I can find a way to hook it up to my new car!
Thanks in advance.

Sven Johannsen
03-05-2010, 06:04 AM
Hopefully someone has better news, but I bet you are out of luck. Typically the 'other media players' means you can hook up a player that is seen as a USB Mass Storage Device, when hooked to a PC. The car player than allows navigation around the directories and files. Ipod integration is so ubiquitous that the car player is designed to interface to an iPod or iPhone as a specific device, understanding its structure and control set. The Zune doesn't look like a storage device, and unless the car player is specifically designed to interface natively with a Zune, it isn't going to. Not too many that do that I've found. Unfortunately it is just a matter of how many Zunes there are out there compared to how many iPods. You could consider trading in you Acura for a Ford product ;) Ford Sync - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Sync)

P.S. you might investigate the car stereo manufacturer to see if Zune integration is an option.