View Full Version : Windows Mobile 7 for 'Enterprise' Users

Don Tolson
02-22-2010, 10:15 PM
Forgive me if I've missed it in all the hype, but while I'm excited about the concepts we seen for Windows Mobile 7, it would seem that this new platform is more focussed on the personal/social networking users, rather than those of us who use it as a work tool and portable computer/personal digital assistant.

For example, there is, of course, email and calendar. But I don't see any mention of 'Tasks/To Do's. HTC seems to have decided this is of no practical use, since they have eliminated it from their Sense interface completely. And I worry about the integration with the Enterprise Outlook server. How is that going to work? Is it going to work?

It's also been mentioned that there won't be a Activesync/MDC type of connection to sync up with a desktop/laptop. Instead, everything will be sync'ed up 'to the cloud'. Hmmm, I'm OK with syncing up to my Enterprise Outlook server, but I'm not sure about putting 'ALL' my stuff out on the cloud.

I'm all for MS expanding the client base to provide functions for the general populous, but I'm hoping that I can still continue to use a Windows Phone as my day-to-day office extension tool....

Russ Smith
03-25-2010, 01:50 PM
All my comments on Windows Phone 7 specifics come down to the issue you just raised.
My smartphone is a productivity tool. If I can't use it as such, it isn't useful.
It seems MS is aiming at the personal "cool toy" market, but neglecting the enterprise users that they already had.