View Full Version : [POLL] Amazon Kindle for WinMo!! Would you like to have it??

jlp
01-23-2010, 02:56 AM
[POLL] Amazon Kindle for WinMo!! Would you like to have it??

Now that Amazon just released Kindle for the iPhone (no other software or hardware required as I can tell; it seems to be an integrated software solution allowing to read Amazon Kindle designed ebooks on the iPhone).

Would you like to have this capability on your Windows Mobile phone??

BTW, anybody knows how many WM5/6.x phones have been sold to this day; cumulative?

Should we start a petition to inform Amazon about the interest for such a program?

Reid Kistler
01-27-2010, 01:17 AM
Voted "Not Certain" as it is not clear that I NEED a "Kindle Reader" - or would want to undertake reading text of any significant length on a WinMo device.

Seem to recall that there are ebook readers already available for WinMo, but would guess that the appeal of Kindle software would be access to Amazon's library....

Sven Johannsen
01-27-2010, 03:38 AM
I'm with Reid. Not sure I need a Kindle reader for my WinMo device. I downloaded it for my iPhone, played with it and deleted it. It's OK, but I don't have a Kindle, and I don't see myself buying eBooks to read on the iPhone or the Pure. I might use them as a backup, IF, I had a Kindle. I understand they can 'sync', so if a moment presents itself, and I have the phone, I could knock out a page or two. I settled on a Sony eReader, so my choices are desktop/laptop/eReader. No 'phone' option exists.

If you seriously want to read on a phone, Win or Apple, there are ways to do that. If you are a WinMo user with a Kindle though, I could see you wanting a reader for the phone. Think I'd want it to be an HD2 or TG01 though.

Steve Jordan
03-10-2010, 08:03 PM
At the moment, there are still titles available only in the Kindle store... or available for significantly less... that I'd be willing to put Kindle on my PDA (or future smartphone) to read Kindle content.

Now, if eventually I can get any books from any source, and convert their format to my format of choice... no, I won't need a Kindle app at that point.