View Full Version : Resco Releases MobileForms Toolkit 2010

Jon Westfall
11-24-2009, 09:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.resco.net/developer/company/news.aspx?file=2009-11-17' target='_blank'>http://www.resco.net/developer/comp...file=2009-11-17</a><br /><br /></div><p><em>"Bratislava, Slovakia - November 17, 2009 -Resco, a supplier of advanced developer components and tools for mobile devices, releases today Resco MobileForms Toolkit 2010, which is optimized for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 and the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5. "Since 2003, when the first version of Resco MobileForms Toolkit was released, we have been working hard to enrich each new release by adding new components to support modern and ground-breaking mobile technology," said Radomir Vozar, Resco Developer Tools &amp; Enterprise Division Director. "The current year is no exception; the 2010 edition not only allows developers to develop attractive and fully competitive mobile applications, but it reasonably simplifies the development process and saves time."</em></p><p>MobileForms Toolkit 2010 is out now for developers looking to rapidly develop new apps on Windows Mobile. Check it out if you're a fan, and I don't think you'll be disappointed by the new features.</p>

jeisner
12-04-2009, 12:33 AM
...BEWARE...

They have changed their licencing which makes life difficult for their paying customers.. You now need to get an activation code on install.. This activation code is linked to your OS/hardware, they will only give you ONE activation code per licence renewal (i.e. once a year).. This means if you upgrade your hardware even with a current subscription you are screwed, though apparently IF your subscription is current and you send them copies of receipts for your new hardware they may let you get a new licence key...

Worse, if your subscription is not current and you happen to upgrade your hardware you will no longer be able to even use the version you happened to have paid good money for as they will only give new keys to currently subscribing customers..

Quote from them.. "because we decide that one year is enough time period between hardware upgrade."

I was a loyal customer on my own dollar as well as 5 years of licences through work I do in my workplace with resco tools... 2009 is pretty good and we will be sticking with it for the forseable future, no more upgrades..

Resco please review this new policy as it really is only going to alienate loyal customers, I do know other customers reviewing their decision to upgrade to 2010 and continue using your products..