View Full Version : Microsoft has created a dilemna for me.

Phillip Dyson
10-06-2009, 09:33 PM
I wish I could post this on both the Zunethoughts and PocketPCThoughts sites but here goes...

With the Windows Phone release I found myself tempted to return to the "touch" world again. Don't get me wrong I love my Jack and consider it one of the best phones I've ever owned. Touch or non-touch.

However, find myself missing the larger screen for ebooks, documents, and browsing. Plus lets face it, touch may not be more efficient, but it is cool. Of course typing this on my desktop, I'm wishing I could do it on my phone.

On the other hand, I'm 90% sure that I'm going to be purchasing a Zune HD sometime after the Christmas season. Of course making both of these purchases represent a significant cost. Ideally if the Zune team had come through on the Apps I probably wouldn't be that tempted to get a new phone. But my gut tells me that 6 months from now there will be some games, a facebook and twitter app. These two apps have zero usefullness for me. I just don't think the Zune team have any strategy for how to deal with apps.

It would be great if Microsoft released a great Zune experience on Windows Mobile, then I need only purchase a single device. Plus I would have an always on data connection.

And since I'm looking at phones, should I also be considering an Android device? Perhap an HTC brand? Why Android? Because I want to stay with an open platform. Of course I need Exchange so that's a quetion...
What do you guys think? Come January/February do you think my Microsoft choices will look any different? Should I sell my car and get a phone and Zune HD?