View Full Version : BIOS flash went wrong!

Joel Crane
09-22-2009, 03:58 AM
So my brother gave me a rackmount server with a dual Athlon 2800 motherboard. Finally, some fast hardware! I decided to install Windows 7, because for the first time I have a machine that will run it, and it bluescreened during started, complaining that the motherboard doesn't support ACPI.

No matter, time for a BIOS flash. I burned the Award flasher and image to a CD, and used a Windows 98 CD to boot to the dos promt. I switched CDs and flashed the BIOS chip.

I went to reboot it, and all I have is a black screen and one little beep every 5 minutes or so.

I've tried clearing the CMOS and removing the battery for an hour. What else? I really, really, REALLY want to revive this board, it's driving me nuts.

Reid Kistler
09-22-2009, 08:21 PM
If you haven't already done so, would suggest visiting the MB mfgr's site & see whether you can find some help there.

Have SEEN directions for recovering from failed BIOS flash, but have also read that some failures cannot be redone. :(

Try google, of course.

Beyond that, how much does a new MB cost (that would accept the same hardware) - ??