View Full Version : Comparison between Windows mobile, Google & iphone Operating Systems

Kadegboye
08-30-2009, 05:01 AM
Sorry guys, I have been gone for a while! However, I think the question in this thread will interest a lot of people as I am looking for an answer. There is a discussion going around town now about these competing operating systems and there are no clear comparisons between them yet. Is there anybody who has used Google android phone as well as windows mobile phone and can tell us the pros and cons of each system? What about iphone and WM device? I am currently trying iphone even though I still have my WM device. Let us hear some things, guys!
Kay.

TKETZ196
09-05-2009, 07:35 AM
Hi. I found an article recently that i posted on my own blog. I would like to share it in this forum. I personally use a Windows Phone, which i my device is Windows Mobile 5.0 AKU 2.2. I feel that WM offers more customization possibilities as well as being backed by a huge community.

The article does go through the pros and cons and each mobile OS and the author draws up a conclusion of each OS.

Click here for the article. (http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/iphone_vs_android_vs_webos_vs_blackbery_vs_windows_mobile_vs_symbian?page=0%2C0)

Let me know if you read it and tell me what your thoughts are. Again, i can go on and on about windows mobile and how much i enjoy using it, but judge for yourself. Ultimately, i think that you should physically try them all (if u have the opportunity) because each OS has different looks, feels, and tastes in which they pertain to all types of people and personalities.

Phillip Dyson
09-07-2009, 12:23 AM
One of the problems that I have with this article is similar to what I have with most.

You include Blackberry OS and Symbian which traditionally are non-touchscreen OS', but you compare them with WM Pro.

What I would like to see is an apples to apples comparison. Like a blackberry full querty device against something like the Samsung Jack.

This is a comparison that I would honestly like to see from Engadget and the like.

Kadegboye
09-09-2009, 07:24 PM
I have read John's article and find that it is great article despite some few shortcomings. He has done a lot of work before writing it. Personally, I agree with him that windows mobile is probably the best for most functions with the BIG exceptions of SPEED and UI. I used iphone for two weeks and I dropped it for my TyTN II because the multimedia application sucks and access to organizational and professional programs are rudimentary to say the least. However, the UI, web connection and speed are great on the iphone. In order to be competitive, Microsoft needs to work harder on the weak points of Winmo, so that the upcoming 6.5 and 7 editions would set her on the right path.