View Full Version : PhatNotes / PhatSpell glitch

Reid Kistler
07-22-2009, 04:33 PM
PhatNotes Pro, on AT&T Fuze (HTC Touch Pro), WM6.1, new OFFICIAL HTC ROM.

The PhatSpell function has broken: it APPEARS to be loaded, all normal Menus pop up, as does the Word Check window - including Unrecognized Word(s) and Suggested Alternative(s).
In sum, "Everything" appears to work fine: but when you quit Spell Check and return to your Note, NONE of the spelling corrections have actually been made! :(

Have reinstalled / uninstalled / reinstalled PhatNotes / PhatSpell multiple times, including device soft resets along the way, but so far no joy...

Suspect this has sometime to do with Fuze / New ROM / TouchFlo.... but am drawing a blank as to What To Try. :confused:

Anyone having similar problems? (Or, better yet, know of a likely Solution to same!)

(PS: PhatWare tech support has been looking at this - but with so many devices & environments problems can be hard to duplicate. Am hoping a wider audience might be able to shed some light....)

Reid Kistler
07-27-2009, 04:26 PM
Apparently not a great interest in PhatNotes / PhatSpell topic - but decided to post a quick update, even though it is still inconclusive:

"Always" have used PhatSpell by calling it up from within the Editing module of PhatNotes. However, PhatSpell IS a distinct app, that can be run in the background (essentially as a TSR) & thereby used with other applications.

What I discovered is:
PhatSpell works fine within PocketInformant & the built-in WM "Notes" app.
PhatSpell also works fine with NEW PhatNotes entries IF it is called from its "TSR" mode, as opposed to being called from within the PhatNotes Editing Menu.

However, PhatNotes ALWAYS FAILS with the SPECIFIC PhatNotes Entry where the problem first arose - even when that Specific Entry is copied to a different PhatNotes Database.

Can only surmise that there is some Glitch in the one entry: perhaps a Flag has been set, or some sort of 'end file' key combination was accidentally input during note taking (this was actually a fairly common problem with some old PIMS - am thinking here of MemoryMate & perhaps Instant Recall) - or perhaps a length issue gets involved - but all of this is pure speculation.

For PRACTICAL Purposes, the immediate problem is resolved: a) edited the PhatNotes entry in question on the Desktop & then synced; b) am running PhatSpell without problems in its "TSR" mode - albeit at a small cost in Memory.

buzzard
07-27-2009, 11:25 PM
I haven't used PhatSpell on my PPC in years (it's not even loaded on the PPC anymore). I enter everything on the PC version and sync.

I did use PhatSpell on List Pro until LP updated to a new version a couple years ago and PhatSpell wouldn't work anymore in LP. Ilium software told me it was because LP had moved away from basic text to an MS Word style format and PhatSpell wasn't compatible anymore. I still use the old version of LP but now I type everything into the PC version of PhatNotes, spell check and copy-paste to List Pro. Somewhat of a pain but I'm used to it.

Sorry I couldn't help with your problem.