View Full Version : PocketMusic - playlist bug?

terrypin
07-22-2009, 11:15 AM
Any PocketMusic users around?

I just bought Pocket Music 5.3.1 for my HTC Touch Pro 2, running under WM 6.1. But I've just noticed a serious problem with making playlists. And on checking version 3.1 on my iPAQ I see the same issue, that I'd never been aware of before.

When selected entries are transferred to Current Playlist, previous selections are still included. Take a simple example.

With PM freshly started, in Playlist Organizer > Media Catalog I arrange files by Genre/Album. I place a checkmark against 'Big Band'. Then I use 'Add Checked items to current playlist' and I see all the entries correctly have the Big Band genre.

I Select All and delete them. Then I return to Media Catalog, make sure Big Band is deselected, place a checkmark against Blues, and again use 'Add Checked items to current playlist'. But now the current playlist contains Blues and Big Band.

It's hard to see why I haven't discovered this earlier and even harder to understand why PocketMind haven't! ;)

Note that if 'Add Checked items...' is used when there is nothing selected in Media Catalog, then nothing is transferred, which is correct. It's as if making ANY selection also adds back all previous selections (checkmarks) made in that session.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK