View Full Version : Zune 120GB "Dead?"

djrudiak
06-26-2009, 07:16 PM
My wife had her Zune 80 permanently removed from her possession at work the other day, so she started looking to get a 120 as a replacement.

The Future Shop and Best Buy websites no longer list the 120. She called up the local store and talked to someone there. They indicated that the 120 was a discontinued item, to be replaced by the HDs.

Has anyone else heard such a statement? I can kind of understand, but by the same token not.

Jason Dunn
06-26-2009, 09:40 PM
Hmm. I thought that the hard-drive based Zunes were going to stick around for a while, but you're right, neither Future Shop nor Best Buy has any listings for them. Guess that means they're getting axed faster than I thought...that's a shame. :(

UPDATE: On the other hand, since Amazon.com still has them, this could just be Microsoft no longer sending the Zune 120 into Canada...because, you know, the Zune had SUCH a "great" launch here with it being a year now and still no marketplace. :mad:

djrudiak
06-26-2009, 11:13 PM
...the Zune had SUCH a "great" launch here with it being a year now and still no marketplace. :mad:

Please. Dont get me started.

The Kid bought a 120 in February; for some reason the regional settings on her computer were set to USA. I saw all this stuff in the Marketplace on her Zune software that I could legitimately purchase and download. (As opposed to the other methods I have to use to get stuff.) It made me very angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

a_bLAK_BOy_t
07-20-2009, 03:55 AM
thats funny cuzz i go to wal-mart.com, and soon as i go to MP3 Players, under the Zune brand name, 120 GB is the first thing i see.

Caior77
07-25-2009, 03:30 AM
See i live in canada and i am currently making the switch from a 32gb ipod touch to zune 120gb i hate that everone has an ipod and i would like to be different and i live in ottawa and i have not been able to find a zune 120 in canada so this weekent i am going down to watertown ny to pick up a black 120 so ino best buy in the states has them but i highly doubt that microsoft is getting rid of them

enuzeno
08-22-2009, 03:35 AM
Got one of the last ones from a BestBuy in Calgary, Canada. As far as I could tell, you could still buy them on bestbuy.ca as of today. A friend of a friend works for FutureShop and says Microsoft stopped shipping Zune 120's (didnt ask about the flash ones) to Canada a while ago.

That sucks cause Zune HD only maybe max 64GB? AND in Canada we will have to wait a millenium before they ship them up here after US launch.

I bought the Zune 120 to copy over my entire WMA Lossless library and FM radio. Those were compelling enough reasons to buy it. I am hoping maybe with Zune 4.0 I will be able to play my WMC SD recordings too. Even if I wanted to watch HD shows on my Zune, in Canada the majority of us are stuck getting HD through cable or satellite which is near impossible to get HD recordings going (FireSTB for the techies) through Windows Media Center.

I am not fooling myself, Microsoft seems to have abandoned Zune in Canada from a music perspective. No marketplace and now no monster drive version. Zune HD seems incompatible in features for what I want. Thank goodness I found a 120 when I did. My old MP3 player just died a month ago. Hadn't even considered a replacement until last week.

Jason Dunn
08-24-2009, 03:43 PM
That sucks cause Zune HD only maybe max 64GB? AND in Canada we will have to wait a millenium before they ship them up here after US launch.

We WISH it came in 64 GB...it tops out at 32 GB. 64 GB right now would be really expensive (think $499 or more).

I am not fooling myself, Microsoft seems to have abandoned Zune in Canada from a music perspective. No marketplace and now no monster drive version.

Yeah, Microsoft's "launch" of the Zune in Canada was half-assed at best...without Marketplace here, the Zune isn't a complete solution. It's all very frustrating to see them launch the hardware, then not follow up with the services. :mad: