View Full Version : i cannot sync my ppc with pc

rajlashes
06-06-2009, 04:03 PM
whenever i connect my device through cable the computer show the ppc files how to sync i have vista and it is downloaded in my computer and the you know that there is already active sync .it is alright or i will install another software of active sync please help me out and post me at this mail [email protected]

Ed Hansberry
06-08-2009, 11:12 AM
If you have Windows Vista, you need Windows Mobile Device Center, not ActiveSync. the latest version of WMDC is at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/help/synchronize/device-center-download.mspx

If you somehow did install ActiveSync on Vista, uninstall it and reboot before installing WMDC.

Reid Kistler
06-08-2009, 11:40 PM
Another possible thought: on the Fuze, when you connect the USB cable you are presented with 3 Options for how you wish to use your connection.

At least one of them - Disk Drive - apparently Disables Syncing, and a few owners have reported LOSING the Option to reset upon connection, by clicking "Don't Ask Again" - which is fine if you have selected SYNC, but perhaps not so good if you selected "Disk Drive!"

Beyond that, still find Vista & Syncing to be a much greater PAIN than when using Windows XP: seem to require BOTH Windows Mobile Device Center AND Sync Center to accomplish what ActiveSync used to do on its own, the terminology seems to have changed, and some Options appear to be missing altogether.

Although admittedly have not set up two systems side-by-side for a thorough comparsion, have synced to Win98, 2000Pro & XP for years - with multiple devices - and with MUCH LESS trouble than have experienced with Vista / Fuze combo....