View Full Version : Wanted: Compaq Ipaq 3955 accessories

nork
05-28-2009, 05:07 PM
I know nothing about Ipaq's and not that much about pda's. so please bear with me.
I just got what is supposed to be a new, never used ipaq 3955. But its missing the cdrom, manual, and all it came with is the one connector. This connector has a standard wall plug on one end, the other end has a connector that is about as wide as my thumb and connects at the bottom of the ipaq. I imagine this is for charging the unit. The connector comes off and then what is left is a round connector, i dont even know where that goes as i cant seem to find a hole that size anywhere on the ipaq.
I do need a cradle or anything that will do the same job as a cradle.
Would something like this work:
Buy USB charge and sync cable for HP iPAQ 1900 2200 3800 3900 5000 series rz1715 rx US$9.99 (http://www.suntekstore.ca/usb_charge_and_sync_cable_for_hp_ipaq_1900_2200_3800_3900_5000_series_rz1715_rx.html)
Or does someone here have a cradle they want to sell? I dont care if its more or less money, long as its within reason.
Is there anything else i need for this unit to have it working properly?

Can anyone tell me about that cord i do have? Is it for charging? And what about when you take that wide connector off and you are left with a round connector, where does that connect?
Thank you

nork
07-12-2009, 05:05 PM
i got a new battery and a $6 US charger for it and all is now well.
I also got all the software to run it.