View Full Version : The Top 10 Netbook Questions I Want to Answer

Jason Dunn
05-15-2009, 03:00 AM
<p>OK people, here's the deal: I spent an ungodly amount of time answering questions posted by users on YouTube, and answering the same basic questions over and over is making me go slowly insane. It's also a waste of my time and I need to stop doing it. I want to shoot a video that will address some of the basic questions that people ask over and over again so I can reference the video. Here's the list of questions I have so far:</p><ol><li>Why do netbooks ship with Windows XP?</li><li>Where's the DVD drive?</li><li>Why get an underpowered netbook when a full-sized notebook is about the same price?</li><li>How much does that netbook cost?</li><li>Where can I buy it?</li><li>Can I load Word/Photoshop/Excel/whatever on this?</li><li>Can I play Flash-based browser games on this?</li><li>Can I play World of Warcraft/Call of Duty/whatever on this?</li><li>Can I record/upload YouTube videos? Can I watch YouTube HD videos?</li><li>What's the best netbook? Should I buy this netbook?</li></ol><p>If you're reading this site, you're more advanced than the types of people who post questions like this, but am I missing anything obvious in that list? Anything I should add or change? Thanks for your input!</p>

Sven Johannsen
05-15-2009, 03:11 AM
Oo-oo, I have one. Why don't they make a Netbook with 2+GHz processor, 2G Ram, a 16" screen, 1Terrabyte hardrive and a Blue Ray drive. I know they make laptops like that, but I like that Netbooks weigh under 3lbs and cost under $500, so that's what I want. P.S. if it will run OS-X, that would be cool.

Darius Wey
05-15-2009, 06:05 AM
Some of the questions I hear often:

Can I run Windows Vista (or insert other OS here) on it?
Does it have a camera?
Can I use it for Skype?
What is SSD?

jeffd
05-15-2009, 11:30 PM
jason... 1) should be a 2 parter...ie why DOSN'T this netbook have winxp? I know many cheap notebooks often resort to or have an option of using a linux based OS and this can cause much more confusion as to what programs a person thinks he can run on it.

Lee Yuan Sheng
05-18-2009, 01:51 AM
I must say Jason, you are incredibly patient for dealing with that cesspit that is known as the YouTube comments section. I don't have much to add, but I wish you luck! You'll need it! ;)