View Full Version : Smartphone 2003 and sms sync + latest Activesync

jlp
05-04-2009, 11:36 PM
Hi,

My faithful Moto MPx220 is just about to retire after 3 years of good service, due to a worn out contact ribbon to the screen.

Since it's way past the warranty period, I will have to get a new phone.

Which is a shame as the rest is in perfect condition, almost new as I always take great care of my things in general.

I want to sync ALL of its data to my netbook (I haven't done it to my desktop in ages due to faulty USB connectivity to this phone).

Anyways I'd like to know the latest Activesync (AS) version number to use with this phone OS.

If I remember right AS has always been unable to sync sms messages.

So has it changed in the recent versions? (I think latest one I had was 3.7 or something), since version 4.5 is the most current version as far as I can tell.

If AS is still unable to sync sms messages, is there a good way to do it? A search thru the forum returned nothing as far as I could find.

Rocco Augusto
05-05-2009, 05:21 PM
If you are using Windows XP you can head to the Microsoft ActiveSync site where it will let you download the latest version for free. If you are using Vista or Windows 7 you will need to use Windows Mobile Device Center. Both applications can be downloaded from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/help/synchronize/device-synch.mspx

Richard76
05-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Hey, if you wanted to stay with the same form-factor, I can recommend the iMate Smartflip (StrTrk). I like it so much for weekend outings, I bought 2 of them (one is still sitting in my drawer brand new).