View Full Version : Zune deleted songs off playlist

Eriq Cook
04-19-2009, 06:56 PM
:mad: Upset. Had the strangest thing happen while editing play list through the Zune Desktop software (version 3.0). While adding 2 new songs I just downloaded from the marketplace to my playlist (of over 100 songs), RIGHT BEFORE MY EYES ALL OF THE SONGS EXCEPT the 2 that I just added were removed!

It makes no sense. All I did was add songs to the play list, and drag the songs into the desired order. While I was dragging one of the new songs, the desktop software "froze" for a couple of seconds, and all of my songs dissapeared from the playlist except for the 2 that I just added.

It's highly frustrating as I've spent months putting that custom play list together. I edit the playlist ALL of the time, and this has never happened before. Has anyone else experienced this or similar problem?

Now here's an even more frustrating issue. I have a recent copy of my playlist on my Zune device itself (Zune 2 4GB). I'd be happy if I can retrieve the playlist from the Zune and restore it to my desktop software. However, Zune won't allow you to copy songs/playlists FROM the Zune device to the computer. From what I can tell, Zune only allows you to transfer data from your desktop computer to device, thus overwriting all songs/playlists on the device.

So what am I supposed to do? Manually look at the screen on my Zune device and add all of the 100+ songs into a new brand new playlist? When I think about it, was MS really that foolish in not providing a way to retrieve data FROM the Zune? What if your computer crashes and all of your songs are located on the Zune? Do you have to overwrite the Zune and LOOSE everything on the device?

Are there any solutions that work with Zune 3.0 software/firmware? I really want to get the play list off the device if I can...