View Full Version : What do you use your Zune for the most?

Phillip Dyson
03-29-2009, 12:03 AM
I mostly listen to my Zune 80 on my commute to work. Approximately 45 minutes on the bus and train each way. During that time I've found that my listening slowly migrated from music to podcasts. Now I'm dipping my toe into audio books.

Currently I'm listening to Warren Buffet's Snowball and have Freakonomics, Predicably Irrational, and the Last Lecture in the queue.

Usually I listen to podcasts to work and the audiobook on my way home. This leaves my music library neglected.

I'm wondering... what do other people use their Zunes for?

Sven Johannsen
03-30-2009, 03:37 AM
It a music player for pete's sake. All the rest of that stuff is fluff, so the marketing guys have something to say. ;)

Togo
04-14-2009, 05:43 PM
Music by far! I hardly watch any video's on my Zune.

Phillip Dyson
04-17-2009, 07:51 PM
It a music player for pete's sake. All the rest of that stuff is fluff, so the marketing guys have something to say. ;)

Actually I almost never listen to music unless someone is in the car with me. I'm pretty much listening to Audiobooks. And podcasts to a lesser degree.

David Tucker
04-18-2009, 12:02 AM
I use my Zune mainly at work and I could never concentrate on listening to an audio book and work at the same time. Mostly music. Watch a lot of quick video podcasts too.

touchmybody
04-18-2009, 04:14 PM
I mostly use my Zune 120 for videos. I have tons of season and season of South park, Simpson, Family Guy, and many many more.

Sven Johannsen
04-20-2009, 04:08 AM
Well, that about wraps it up for the four of us with zunes, I guess. :confused:

Phillip Dyson
04-20-2009, 03:03 PM
I use my Zune mainly at work and I could never concentrate on listening to an audio book and work at the same time. Mostly music. Watch a lot of quick video podcasts too.

If I were listening at my desk, I would probably have to go with music too. Unforturnately I really only get a chance to listen to something on the Metro going back and forth to work.

Well, that about wraps it up for the four of us with zunes, I guess. :confused:

Perhaps mostl people felt the question was moot. Either that or they are all feeling anti-social. ;)

grantpet
04-21-2009, 10:24 PM
i use my zune almost exclusively for troubleshooting the zune software issues.

it's still a fm-tuner/paperweight without any real c/s support.

http://forums.zune.net/2/5/454755/ShowPost.aspx#454755

cilantro
04-23-2009, 07:58 PM
I use it for music & videos! 30g can hold so much :)

Dao Jones
04-26-2009, 08:45 AM
Hi! New here, thanks to Mr. Tromboneforhire! Hope you don't mind me barging in! :cool:

Just bought a 120gb Zune in January and also got the Zune Pass. I use it 99% of the time for music. Video podcasts if I feel a bit bored during my lunch break. Haven't checked out audio books yet. Only one I ever listened to was two short stories from Neil Gaiman. :confused: