View Full Version : So...where's the Zune Marketplace? 11/14 Also?

dorelse
09-28-2006, 05:27 PM
So, I wanted to start poking around the Zune Marketplace....but its like a black hole out there, I can't find a link to it anywhere.

I'm assuming then that it isn't up yet...is 11/14 the launch day for the Store then as well?

I do hope they integrate it well with the xbox 360....and how about simultaneously launching a larger 360 Hard Drive so I can store the songs on it? Surprisingly good idea don't you think?

I'm an iBook user, with iTunes + 2GB Nano that my wife loves. I use a t-Mobile SDA (w/2GB Mini-SD Card for music) and play 360 for fun...I've got no specific allegiance when it comes to where I get my music....as long as its a) easy b) well, easy c) cheap ie. $0.99/song. I would like to use my 360 to house my songs.

Possible in the future?

But...where/when with the Marketplace launch?

Darius Wey
09-29-2006, 12:37 AM
So, I wanted to start poking around the Zune Marketplace....but its like a black hole out there, I can't find a link to it anywhere.

Well, annoyingly, there is no Zune sub-site at Microsoft yet, which I think is a bad move since a lot of the mainstream media have already reported on the Zune. For many consumers, that's the first target, and if there's nothing available, it only makes them lost and confused.

I'm assuming then that it isn't up yet...is 11/14 the launch day for the Store then as well?

Yes, that would be my hunch.

I do hope they integrate it well with the xbox 360....and how about simultaneously launching a larger 360 Hard Drive so I can store the songs on it? Surprisingly good idea don't you think?

For now, it's limited to plug and play. Plug your Zune into the Xbox 360 via USB and play back content stored on the portable device.

In the future, we may see wireless streaming (which would be really cool). I'm sure this is one of the many wireless scenarios that Microsoft has spoken of, but eh, it'll take time before it shows up. :(