View Full Version : Survey of Mobile Web Browsers

TKETZ196
02-28-2009, 12:20 AM
Hi. i was wondering what everyone's thoughts on which is the best mobile browser to use. Currently, i use a Windows Mobile 5.0 AKU 2.2.0 Pocket PC. In regards to the web browsers, i use Skyfire. i see Opera mobile/Mini, Iris Browser, Skyfire, Internet Explorer Mobile, now Bolt, and others i didnt mention.

can anyone explain which gives the best experience on a mobile platform? I tend to get confused with the jargon like AJAX support here, and FLash there, i know what they are as far as web page rendering technologies, but i was wondering which browsers give best support for all types of web pages? i have used Iris Browser in the past and found it to be kinda slow and not inuitive as far as panning and zoom tapping functions.

I hope i can begin a really good discussion on these various types of browsers. i am curious about what everyone else thinks.

Brad Adrian
03-01-2009, 01:27 AM
For an overview of browsers and related issues, you DEFINITELY should read through this Thoughts article written by Menneisyys:

http://forums.thoughtsmedia.com/f323/windows-mobile-web-browsing-bible-84797.html