View Full Version : Anyone have access to Windows Server 2003?

Joel Crane
02-10-2009, 03:04 AM
My older brother works at a small company that runs communication cables in buildings, such as ethernet and fiber lines.

They have a single Windows Server 2003 Small Business machine that seems to be running no service packs.

I have been asked to figure out how to install Service Pack 2, but when I run the installer, it gives me an error. I can't specifically quote the error with the machine in front of me, but what I do know is that it is unpacking itself to a drive other than the C: drive, causing setup to fail because it cant find itself.

The problem is within the registry. For some reason an important key is gone, and I need access to another Windows Server 2003 machine to retrieve the key and import it. Until today I have never set eyes on a Windows Server machine, much less been given the keys to it. Does anyone have the time and resources to attach the key to an email for me? Alternatively, does anyone know where could I retrieve it?

Jason Dunn
02-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Seems to me that you'd probably have better luck posting in a Windows Server 2003 forum - or, better yet, posting the details of your problem to the Microsoft newsgroups for Windows Server 2003...

Joel Crane
02-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Those are both places that I have never been to before, so I'll go see what I can find. Thanks Jason!