View Full Version : XBox Live Profile Help

Phillip Dyson
01-28-2009, 04:53 AM
Team,
I've been trying find this everywhere but can't locate the answer.

I'm trying to create a profile for my girlfriend but link it to my Xbox Live Gold account.

Can I do this? If so how?

thanks

Darius Wey
01-28-2009, 02:19 PM
I'm trying to create a profile for my girlfriend but link it to my Xbox Live Gold account.

I'm a tad confused. Are you trying to link two gamertags to a single Xbox Live Gold subscription? If so, you can't; your girlfriend will need her own subscription.

Phillip Dyson
01-28-2009, 04:44 PM
Thanks Darius, I kind of thought that was the case. I thought that I heard there was an abiliity to share a Gold account in a family.

On another note, do you know if there is a way to transfer local profile data to a new Live account profile? Things like history, gaming points and achievements?

Darius Wey
01-29-2009, 04:13 AM
I thought that I heard there was an abiliity to share a Gold account in a family.

You would need to share the same gamertag as well.

On another note, do you know if there is a way to transfer local profile data to a new Live account profile? Things like history, gaming points and achievements?

Sign into the local profile, then follow the prompts to connect to Xbox Live. You'll be given the option of selecting a Silver or Gold subscription, but if it's a new console, you should receive a free 1-month trial of Gold right off the bat. You'll also be notified if your gamertag is already in use, and be given the option of renaming it.

Once you've successfully connected to Xbox Live, all previously-attained achievements, points, etc. should be mirrored in your online profile.

Phillip Dyson
01-30-2009, 03:27 AM
Thanks for your help Darius. I'll give it a try.