View Full Version : 3.1 software and sync questions

grantpet
01-23-2009, 01:24 AM
with all that i read prior to purchase i decided to dedicate a hard drive to my zune rather than let it run amuck in my music folder.

it was my understanding that the software would auto update the libraries, but this doesn't seem to be the case...or at least, it only partially updates and the software doesn't see all of the files that are on the drive (sorted by pic/vid/music).

to make my frustration worse, the device sync software will not transfer a large number of files for who knows what reason. currently there are over 500 songs not synced because it couldn't find the network hard drive, but they are all from the same drive.

at the very least i'd like to know if there is an easy way to 'force' the software to update the files on my network drive and a way to rescan for tracks not added to the device due to what i think may just be a network ping or hiccup of some sort.

thanks in advance!

ADDITIONAL INFO:
i think it boils down to metadata again, the majority of files that did not sync are from various artists cd's.

the only way to sync the files to the device is to change from "smart sync" (lmmfao) to manual sync; then go back to the collection, delete it fom the list, go to software settings and restore previously removed media, go back to the collection and either drag & drop or right click the file to sync.

apparently since there is no way to sort in the collection by sync'd files, this will have to be done file by file...and zune customer support apparently sees no issue with trying to find 244 files amongst 14,873 and repeating the step for each unsync'd file.

so far zune tech support has had me add/remove, sync/unsync, not only from the software, but also the device. they even attempted to have me uninstall and reinstall the software of which there is nothing wrong.

it has become quite apparent to me that zune's highest level of techsupport isn't qualified in the software, system requirements vs recommended, nor do any of them have practical network experience or even term knowledge.

please help!

grantpet
02-26-2009, 07:05 AM
i have 15,571 songs in my zune software music collection...i have 15, 572 songs on my zune and the software is set to sync all files. does anyone know of a way to id this file easily? what if the numbers where in reverse (so far only the icon idicates this in the song list of the music collection?)?

a song by song comparison would take a while.

*there is no solution to this issue unless the firmware is updated.