View Full Version : Does Outlook Mobile need to be open to check mail periodically?

DerekTheGeek
01-21-2009, 10:01 PM
Hi All,

Does Outlook Mobile need to be open (i.e. running in the background) to check mail periodically or will it still check mail if pocket outlook is closed? Thanks.

- Derek

Jason Dunn
01-22-2009, 12:46 AM
It depends - if you're doing email using POP or IMAP, yes, it needs to be open. If you're doing Exchange ActiveSync, no, it does not.

Pony99CA
01-22-2009, 02:10 AM
It depends - if you're doing email using POP or IMAP, yes, it needs to be open. If you're doing Exchange ActiveSync, no, it does not.
I think the Messaging client is supposed to start automatically after a soft reset anyway, right? So either way, you should be OK.

However, on my Motorola Q9m, after Sprite Backup runs (it does a reset to start the backup and another reset to get back into normal mode), I often find that I haven't gotten any E-mail since the backup completed. If I open the Messaging client, it eventually checks for E-mail then. So either my Q9m doesn't launch E-mail after a reset or there's some issue with Sprite.

Steve