View Full Version : Muffled/Strange Audio

Mountain343
12-16-2008, 12:37 PM
I've recently come across a strange problem with my HP2215 and after having sent it in to be fixed twice and having it come back unfixed, I thought I might turn to the boards for some advice.

The problem is that when playing mp3's, ogg's, or wma's it sounds like someone turned on a karaoke function. The instruments, for the most part, sound perfectly fine, loud, and clear, but the lyrics are almost whisper silent or muffled, much like a karaoke song. I have tried playing them with mortplayer and with the built in windows media player and even messing around with the equalizer and preamp in Mort to no avail.

They have replaced the headphone jack twice, for a substantial fee, and that hasn't helped, so I'm at a total loss here. I've tested it with 3 sets of headphones with the same results and yet, here is where things get a bit strange. If I plug in powered external speakers to the headphone jack, it sounds perfect. To add another twist tomtom voices sound fine through the headphones and both internal and external speakers.

I'm truly at a loss here and I'd love to be able to use my pda as an mp3 player again but I haven't a clue where to begin. I've changed the ipaq audio setting's treble and bass to no avail as well.

Thanks.