View Full Version : Outlook 2007 & Vista Problem

55Kevy
12-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Greetings - I did not know where else to post this (well, actually I just thought of another site) but here goes...

My wife is using a Vaio laptop running Vista Home Premium and Outlook 2007. Frequently enough that it is irritating, but not consistently, she will send a message and it will sit in the outbox apparently unsent. Also at times, it will appear to have sent but the receipient does not receive it.

Any suggestions of where to look for solutions?

Many thanks.

Kevy

Jason Dunn
12-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Email problems like ths can be tricky to trouble-shoot. Odds are it's an SMTP problem - as in, the mail server you're connecting to is flaky and doesn't want to send the email - but it might be a local client problem. Go into the Account settings in Outlook, and for that particular account there will be a "test settings" button. When you press this button it connects to the POP/IMAP and SMTP servers and tries to send an email. If it says it's successful, try it a few more times. If they all work, then that's a bit of a puzzle, because it means that your settings are all correct. Might be time to contact your ISP or whomever is running the mail server...