View Full Version : Networking Forum

Joel Crane
12-03-2008, 10:05 PM
Hey guys, I am kinda looking for a networking forum. Digital Home Thoughts is great, but I guess I kinda feel like that isn't the focus of this forum so I'm a little hesitant to ask the millions of networking questions I have.

Networking is a lot of fun for me, and it seems like my little dorm room network is getting more and more complicated. I have two access points, one private and one public that I turn on and off for either dorm-wide Halo 3 or when the school WiFi is sucking so other students can access it. I find myself wanting to add to the network and make it more complicated just for the fun of it.

I want to learn how to set up a captive portal, use Linux as a server, split my network up into a private and public half, figure out why Halo 3 tends to lag whenever more than 3 Xbox 360's jump on one of my access points, what the difference between long and short preamble is, why my Axim will connect to my Linksys AP and not my D-Link AP, AP roaming, and a bunch of other stuff. Where should I go to ask these questions?

Darius Wey
12-04-2008, 04:07 AM
Try the forum you're posting in now: Thoughts Media Off-Topic. It's a catch-all forum for content that doesn't fit into our site-specific topics.