View Full Version : hands free phone thru pda connection

TRANSYMONK
12-02-2008, 03:43 AM
When in my car I can play the audio for the PDA loaded TomTom nav 6 on the car stereo via wired connection. So, can I Bluetooth pair my cell, verizon LG 8100?, and the Dell x51v to take calls over the car audio?

I can pair the devices, but can't see how to move the cell audio over to the dell. I can use a bluetooth headset, but it'd be cooler to yell commands to the dashboard. What trick i'm i missing?

Pony99CA
12-03-2008, 01:48 AM
When in my car I can play the audio for the PDA loaded TomTom nav 6 on the car stereo via wired connection. So, can I Bluetooth pair my cell, verizon LG 8100?, and the Dell x51v to take calls over the car audio?

I can pair the devices, but can't see how to move the cell audio over to the dell. I can use a bluetooth headset, but it'd be cooler to yell commands to the dashboard. What trick i'm i missing?
While you can pair the phone with your Axim, I doubt the Axim supports the "listening" end of the headset or hands-free profiles. Also, as your car stereo probably doesn't have a microphone, how would yelling at the dashboard help?

You could probably get both the phone and PDA audio on the car stereo by using a Y cable (reverse splitter), but that wouldn't solve getting the audio into the phone.

How about just putting your phone in speakerphone mode near your dashaboard? ;)

Steve

Cybrid
12-08-2008, 06:53 AM

I can pair the devices, but can't see how to move the cell audio over to the dell. I can use a bluetooth headset, but it'd be cooler to yell commands to the dashboard. What trick i'm i missing?BT is dependent on profiles. Devices identify themselves to each other and broadcast their profile abilities. If the profile is not supported on either...it's a no go.
The Dell doesn't have a suitable profile to act as a BT headset.

Joel Crane
12-09-2008, 11:42 PM
That is a cool idea, and it is another great example of software not allowing the hardware to realize its' full potential.

Brad Adrian
03-18-2009, 08:01 PM
...another great example of software not allowing the hardware to realize its' full potential.
<SIGH>I've felt that way about my parents and me for years...