View Full Version : Can't install firmware / Error code C00D124F

Angels
11-27-2008, 08:57 PM
So, a long time ago (right when the 3.0 firmware got released), I plugged my zune in to update it. It started downloading the firmware, but it stayed on the "installing" screen for like 2 hours. So, I just unplugged my zune. After that, the screen stayed black (it would only show the zune logo on startup). I did a hard reset (deleted everything off of it; firmware, music, etc). Now, when I go to install the firmware, I get this error:

http://i27.tinypic.com/2wnaerd.jpg

My zune 80 only had 30gb taken up. It was nowhere near full, so I don't know what the problem is. I can't use my zune at all. Does anybody know any fixes to this?

I have reset my zune several times, erased the firmware several times, restarted my computer, tried a different computer, you name it. I don't want to go through the repair process, even though it is still under warranty. I would rather just fix it and keep this one. Any help would be appreciated

Darius Wey
12-01-2008, 04:04 PM
Slight variation on what you've attempted:

First, hold "Back" and "Up" to restart your Zune, then while it's restarting, hold "Back", "Centre" (the action button), and "Play" to format it. Next, power down the Zune by holding "Down" and "Back". Once it's powered down, connect it to your computer and see if it downloads and installs the firmware. Any luck?

MegaGod89
02-19-2009, 07:27 AM
I know I'm replying to this way late, but as of yesterday I'm having the EXACT same problem as you. I formatted it with the Back, Center and Play buttons, powered it down, then tried to connect it again but it still says I don't have enough space. However, mine started messing up for seemingly no reason! It was working fine last night! I never plugged it into the USB and tried putting anything on or off, I charged it but that's about it, and today when I went to use it, it just wouldn't work. Any other suggestions?

If not I'm screwed, my warranty just ran out a month ago so they want me to pay $130 bucks for them to repair it, which I just don't have the money for. At all.