View Full Version : Does you laptop do this?

Joel Crane
11-24-2008, 11:02 PM
So I'm on my 4th laptop in six years, never because the laptop became too outdated for me to use, but because it started having problems.

Compaq Armada 4220T - Died a horrible death, possibly from overheating but I'm not sure. Came back to my room and it was completely dead.

Compaq Armada 4220T - Sound card quit working

Toshiba Tecra - Power adapter plug quit working

Today, disaster has struck again. I pulled my Gateway STM200 out of it's case and set it up on the table for class, and when I opened it the screen would barely hold itself up. No idea what went wrong, but the hinges are almost but not quite completely shot. Also, a few months back the MiniPCI slot just quit working, it does not detect cards any more.

My current laptop has a 12.1 inch screen, its super thin, a 933mhz processor and does absolutely everything i need it to besides WiFi and holding it's screen up.

For my next laptop, I need an ultraportable without an ultra high price, I think this laptop was above the $1200 mark when it was new. How about a netbook? Do you think that it would compare to what I have now?

David Tucker
11-24-2008, 11:24 PM
Depends on what you use it for but I do think that a 9 or 10 inch netbook could easily take the place of that machine.