View Full Version : YACE (Yet Another Contributing Editor)!

Richard OKane
11-23-2008, 02:00 PM
<p>Hello everyone,</p><p>I'm thrilled that Jason has selected me to begin contributing to this site that I've been lurking for many years! Here are some things about me:</p><ul><li>I live on the east coast of Canada, and work as a Project Manager for an IT firm. I have been with this company for almost ten years, also working in Support and Technical Publications.<br /></li><li>My current PC is dual-core with 2 GB RAM and dual 160GB HD connected to Logitech's Z-5500 speakers. My monitor is 22", and doubles as a Star Choice satellite TV monitor through its DVI connection.<br /></li><li>I love XM more than Sirius (mostly for the music - but it doesn't really matter now). However, I have both because of Sirius superior reception in Canada due to its satellite's figure-8 pattern.<br /></li><li>I also hopped on the iPhone bandwagon! My first Apple product, and I am extremely pleased with it. As others say, it just works!<br /></li></ul><p>My wife tolerates my geekiness, my neighbours appreciate my geekiness, and my teenage children are beginning to surpass my geekiness. Cheers!</p>

Chris Gohlke
11-23-2008, 06:31 PM
Welcome to the team!

Vincent Ferrari
11-23-2008, 07:33 PM
Wait, another Canadian?

Oh no... This will not stand... :D

Just kidding. Welcome to the team, Richard!

Hooch Tan
11-23-2008, 07:37 PM
Yup. We've pretty much got coast to coast Canadian coverage now! :)

Welcome to the public spotlight, Richard!

bcre8v2
11-23-2008, 07:49 PM
Nice to know there are others who feel their kids are smarter than themselves.

Welcome to the family and nice to meet you.

-Steve
(A long time lurker as well).

Richard OKane
11-24-2008, 12:26 AM
bcre8v2:
I just have to show them the technology, and then they use it in ways I never thought of!
Pretty incredible :)
Thanks all for your warm welcome,
Rick

Jason Dunn
11-24-2008, 04:30 AM
Welcome to the team!

John Lane
11-24-2008, 05:36 AM
Lots of techno wizards, now.

Darius Wey
11-24-2008, 06:10 AM
Welcome to the team, Richard!