View Full Version : Can't download or install CABs

psyjohn
11-03-2008, 03:30 PM
I was hoping someone might be able to help me out with this. I recently did a hard reset on my HTC Titan, mainly to move a few apps to the storage card with a nice clean registry. Since then everything on my device works great, except that I cannot download anything. When I try to download a cab or document or anything I get the following message:

"This device is restricted from downloading this file type."

Also, I can't install CAB files in the normal manner any longer. I am able to install them using the SK Tools "Install with SK Tools" option.

Is there some setting somewhere that I need to change? I've looked but can't find one. What about a registry setting?

Thanks for any help or advice. (I'm hoping I won't have to go through the 4 hour hard-reset & reinstall routine again)

John

P.S. If it helps here is a list of software I have installed:
-almost all are on the storage card

HandySwitcher
MemMaid
Google Maps
eWallet
ListPro
PocketBible
eReader
CalliGrapher
PhatNotes
PhatPad
PocketMusic
mDigger
PIE Plus
Resco Backup
Resco Explorer
Resco Photo Viewer
Resco Registry
iLauncher
PocketBreeze
PocketWeather
SK Tools
SPB Time
Fitaly
Pocket Informant
S2U2
S2P
YouTubePlay
+ a few games

Reid Kistler
11-03-2008, 05:20 PM
I cannot download anything.

Meaning message shows up when connected to the internet?

Using PIE?

So NO downloads permitted when running PIE??

Have you tried / can you try using another browser (Opera perhaps)?

ASSUME from your message that you ARE able to Sync OK, and that File Explorer allows you to move files to/from your PPC?

Sorry, no solutions - only questions....:(

Constant Caffeine
11-03-2008, 07:20 PM
I agree with psyjohn, we need more information. Can you sync without an problems? You may need to delete and recreate your partnership.

psyjohn
11-04-2008, 02:45 PM
In answer to your questions: Synching is fine. Since we live in the middle of nowhere I only have dial-up access at home, so I don't try to use PIE through active-synch. The problem is when using a cellular connection to the internet. FYI, I have a CDMA phone with US Cellular as provider. I can't run Opera on my phone as it is too large for main memory and won't work from my storage card. I didn't have any problems before this last hard reset and the only significant change I made in the install/setup process was to put PocketBreeze on the storage card instead of in main memory.

If you have any other questions let me know.
Thanks again,
John