View Full Version : where did the pink and orange zunes go?

inteller
10-31-2008, 07:49 PM
You know, it makes me wonder if all of the limited edition hot pink and orange zunes were recovered from the retail channel. Microsoft should scour the registration records to see how many are claimed and how many are out there. It just seems like wasted effort to put those out in the wild and know that they are probably sitting on a shelf because someone didn't want a white zune. when they put the Zune30s on fire sale I was in every store tipping boxes to see if it said color: orange or color:pink I bet these have a differnet serial or sku that an intrepid person at best buy or toys r us could use to search their inventory.

Jason Dunn
10-31-2008, 10:40 PM
Well, the orange Zune 30's were only for Zune team members I think, right? So they were never sold at retail.

inteller
11-01-2008, 09:37 PM
Well, the orange Zune 30's were only for Zune team members I think, right? So they were never sold at retail.

no, there is at least one that was recovered via the retail channel. just like the hot pinks, they are hidden in white zune boxes.

inteller
11-02-2008, 09:31 PM
update....it appears that fake white zunes containing hot pink zunes will have a part number JS8-00008 as opposed to the regular white part number JS8-00002 I confirmed this on a thread that had a UPC code picture of a hot pink zune. unfortunately this would make system searching hard because the UPC code for whites is the same. very few places will keep distinct part numbers in the inventory system.

If I could see what part number they assigned to orange zunes I might have better luck. it sucks that they gave them the same UPC code.

inteller
11-02-2008, 09:55 PM
confirmed, Orange zune part number was JS8-00007 found a orange one with bar code on flickr.

Jason Dunn
11-03-2008, 09:15 PM
no, there is at least one that was recovered via the retail channel. just like the hot pinks, they are hidden in white zune boxes.

That seems a little suspicious to me - why would someone who wants a white Zune be happy with an orange or pink one instead? They'd just return it to the retailer and the retailer would lose money. I doubt they'd be happy with Microsoft for doing that to them...

inteller
11-05-2008, 02:30 PM
if you've ever seen the packaging for a limited edition it states pretty clearly that the person just got a rare limited edition. They instruct the person to SEND IT TO MICROSOFT if they don't want it.

Jason Dunn
11-05-2008, 06:28 PM
if you've ever seen the packaging for a limited edition it states pretty clearly that the person just got a rare limited edition. They instruct the person to SEND IT TO MICROSOFT if they don't want it.

Interesting - I haven't seen the packaging for these limited edition Zunes. I guess to me they're just not that exciting, but I'm happy that you're so excited by all this. :)