View Full Version : warranties question

grantpet
10-18-2008, 10:42 AM
i was under the impression the "black tie" warranty from best buy would cover your unit for everything from act of god to accidental loo placement. read a bit and that doesn't see to be the case. i can call best buy, but can any speak to the warranty offered from zune marketplace??

can't even find out how much. would like to see some side by side comparison if remotely possible.

what's the turn around time for mailing your unit in?

is it a "no questions asked" type warranty and if not can anyone direct me to one?

i thought warranties for this type of product were for 3 years!

thanks in advance.

Sydni013
10-20-2008, 09:46 PM
go to
www.service.zune.net (http://www.service.zune.net)

request repair
they'll send you a box to send your zune to them.
takes about 15 buisness days
its free

*if your screens cracked, they probably wont repair it because if it looks like it was caused by abuse, they'll just pack it up and send it to you still broken(happened to me)....which is stupid...so mine didnt get fixed.

*bought mine from walmart and they wont let me return it or they wont give me a new one. so im stuck with a broken one....
:mad:sucks:mad:

grantpet
10-21-2008, 04:36 AM
best buys "black tie" warranty certainly didn't seem any different to me when described on the phone. they even made a point to exclude firmware update caused bricks.

the link didn't work for me.

i sure hope i can get some details, this would be my last major hangup.

UPDATE: it seems that best buy's warranty doens't cover anything more than the battery when compared to the warranty available from zune originals. I did find that Curcuit City does offer a warranty that covers drops/spills etc.

i will probably get one from curcuit city today unless somebone knows of a seperate warranty available so i can buy a cool zune original.

thanks in advance, hope that saves someone a little effort.

New Info: MS specifically does not cover cracked screens due to bad batteries, batteries, firmware update caused bricks, nor anything else i found to be useful...no wonder you can get cool designs and engraving on your unit.