View Full Version : Media library and Zune sharing

muminhalal
10-01-2008, 11:13 PM
I am not a very savvy computer guy and just need my Zune to hold my educational materials for real estate. Unfortunately once I download my cd's into my media library they place all of the tracks numerically together ie: all track ones , all track twos, all track threes etc. 111, 2222, 333. So instead of being able to listen to a complete cd I have to listen to 12 or 13 track ones on down the line, never in sync like 1-8 disc one, 1-7 disc 2, 1-9 disc 3 etc. So I decided to make folders in my media library (Windows Media Player 11 or something) and now I am unable to transfer the folders over to my Zune library so I dont have to listen to a bunch of misplaced information. This is the only reason I bought the player, and its frustrating not being able to get any use from the player because I am unable to cross reference Microsoft folders (Zune from Media Library Folders) and I need some help on how this is done. Can anyone tell me how to drag and drop files from the Media library to the Zune library, it wont allow me to sync the files over for some reason?:(:confused:

David Tucker
10-02-2008, 03:48 PM
What it sounds like is that the metadata is missing on these tracks. I think Zune actually ignores the folder structure and just uses the metadata. What you want to do is right click on the track and edit the metadata and check and see what album it's listed in. I'm guessing there will be no album.

I'm not sure but I think that might be the only way to fix it. You'll have to edit all of the tracks but once you do they should be arranged by album.