View Full Version : How to write notes and memos on WM device

desiletsa
09-25-2008, 10:43 PM
I just bought my first WindowsMobile cell phone (Samsung WorldAce), and I am very disappointed with it. I am craving the reliability and simplicity of my good old Palm Pilot.

One major aggravation I have is that I can't seem to be able to write simple notes or memos using my mobile device, and have them backed up on the PC. I have looked around and it seems lots of people are having this problem, but no solution.

I have a bunch of notes from my old Palm, which I successfully imported into Outlook. But when I sync my mobile device with Outlook, the notes are not transferred to the mobile device.

Then, I installed NotepadMobile from Onerta. This sort of worked. Next time I synched, the notes were transferred to my WM phone. But whenever I modified a note on my WM device and synced again, the changes were not transfered to Outlook on the PC. It seems notes can only be transferred from the PC to the WM device. Lots of folks on the web refer to that problem.

I also tried to convert the notes into .txt files, and putting them at the root of My Documents on the WM device, and using the standard WM Notepad facility to edit them. But same thing here. If I change those files on the WM device, the changes are not synched back to the PC. Changes, again, will only go from PC to WM device, not the other way around.

Can anyone help me out of this cunundrum?

Thx

Alain Désilets