View Full Version : Top Artist/Song Error

LiFairy
09-23-2008, 10:03 PM
Hi everyone. I just noticed last night that my 2nd top artist with 344 listens is Styles P and Ive never had him on my zune at all. I looked through my top songs as well and there's quite a few I havent listened to. I know I have alot of albums that would show up without album covers under the old software because zune didnt recognize them. Could it be that they are randomly being replaced now? Has anyone else noticed this? :(

Adam Krebs
09-25-2008, 12:32 AM
Hi everyone. I just noticed last night that my 2nd top artist with 344 listens is Styles P and Ive never had him on my zune at all. I looked through my top songs as well and there's quite a few I havent listened to. I know I have alot of albums that would show up without album covers under the old software because zune didnt recognize them. Could it be that they are randomly being replaced now? Has anyone else noticed this? :(

I'm not sure I understand what the issue is. By top artist, are you referring to top artist on Social? Have you shared your Zune or Zune Pass with other people? Have other people synced their Zunes on your computer?

I do know in some rare circumstances Social incorrectly attributes artists, albums, and songs, usually off of data it gets from AMG. If you're absolutely positive the information is incorrect, I'd post in the Zune forums and then shoot a message to Jessica Zahn, head of the Social team. Her Zune Tag is Jetherealz, and she's pretty good at getting back about these issues. Good luck.

LiFairy
09-25-2008, 04:23 AM
I'm not sure I understand what the issue is. By top artist, are you referring to top artist on Social? Have you shared your Zune or Zune Pass with other people? Have other people synced their Zunes on your computer?

I do know in some rare circumstances Social incorrectly attributes artists, albums, and songs, usually off of data it gets from AMG. If you're absolutely positive the information is incorrect, I'd post in the Zune forums and then shoot a message to Jessica Zahn, head of the Social team. Her Zune Tag is Jetherealz, and she's pretty good at getting back about these issues. Good luck.

Yea the problem is in the social. I cant figure it out. I tried to find the artists that I have listened to that many times and check the data but even after cleaning it all up I still have a problem. I will speak to Jessica. Thanks for the response!