View Full Version : Delete mobile Contacts

tinbad
08-26-2008, 06:31 AM
Hi People,

Is there a simple way to delete all contacts on a PDA with windows mobile 6.1 without doing it 1 by 1

Thanks

tinbad

Reid Kistler
08-26-2008, 08:22 PM
Can't you simply select multiple entries and Delete? (Appear to be able to do this on my Axim, running WM2003SE.)

Delete in Outlook and sync, selecting "desktop overrides PDA".
BU Outlook database first of course - and then reinstall on desktop if you want Contacts back.

Pocket Informant has a menu entry "Delete All Contacts" - you could download a trial copy of PI, delete the contacts, and then remove the app.

Delete the Contact Database from your PDA.

Do a Hard Reset.......

tinbad
08-27-2008, 06:53 AM
Many thanks for trying to help.

1. Because I have just got Vista I am not able to sync with my laptop, I will get it sorted eventually but in the meantime to update my PDA I transfer the file using bluetooth. this just copies everything over and so I get duplicates, hence the need to delete the old file.

I use MS outlook and if I could find the file in the program that contains all the contact information I would delete that but I have been unable to do so.

There is no "select all" facility with outlook.

I would not want to hard reset as I have loads of other stuff loaded onto the PDA.

Appreciate the help

tinbad

Carty
09-06-2008, 05:52 AM
If you solely want to delete your duplicate contacts, then this (http://pocketpc-live.com/pocket-pc/remove-duplicate-contacts.html) is for you.

Regards,
Carty..