View Full Version : Do I need a Zune pass?

cynicism ftw
08-16-2008, 04:33 AM
I haven't bought a Zune yet, and am trying to figure some things out.I have a lot of music, and don't really want to have pay for a zune pass. If I buy a Zune, can I put all of the music I already have on it without paying for a subscription or anything? If I don't pay for a zune pass, what am I missing out on the zune to zune sharing or anything besides the free music?

Jason Dunn
08-17-2008, 01:02 AM
Welcome to Zune Thoughts!

The Zune is like any other MP3 player: you can load it up with any files you want. The Zune Pass has no impact on sharing, or any of the Zune Social aspects...the Zune Pass is just for music subscription.

Get a Zune - you'll enjoy it! :)

Sven Johannsen
08-20-2008, 09:52 PM
what am I missing out on the zune to zune sharing or anything besides the free music?
Jason said what you needed to hear..but...what do you mean, 'free music'? You pay for that Zune Pass, so you are paying for that music. In fact though, you are renting it. You quit paying and you quit listening to it.

naruto_fan
09-17-2008, 04:14 AM
Probably an other stupid question but ... can Canadians get the pass aswell?

Jason Dunn
09-17-2008, 04:21 AM
Probably an other stupid question but ... can Canadians get the pass aswell?

It's not a stupid question: Microsoft hasn't yet launched the Zune Marketplace in Canada, so you can't buy songs here yet, or get the Zune Pass. There's no firm ETA on when it will happen. :(